I missed my humanities class on Friday because of the prayers, so Mrs. Marlin assigned Kenny to help me out. Now the question is why I am writing about an American brat? Huh….because I have ample of time?
Well No.
It’s because his etiquettes inspired me a lot.
I have always reviled physical interaction whether it’s a hug, kiss, shakehand or any other transformed version of that. Every time somebody would hug me, all my blood from the veins and artries will confine in my mind giving me a headache. I know it’s a little peculiar but that’s how it works with me. Even my parents never showed me affection this way.
So, coming back to Kenny. He is probably the first American who instead of greeting me with shakehand waved his hand, bowed forming a curve in a royal way and said, “Follow me Mam”. The word Mam used in such a polite way pleased me for sure. Countless times I noticed him using kind words. He explained me everything pretty well. Each time I would ask him something he will look in the eye and say, “Mam yes Mam”. It was funny yet respectable. I was admired by his manners and I respect his protocol because it was very different from how anybody has ever treated me.
No comments:
Post a Comment