
24th july'2008
I just came across a very strange yet incredibly interesting news story that a student of Harvard University, Samad Khurram refused his Harvard Scholarship Award at a ceremony held in National Arts Gallery, Islamabad. The US Ambassador to Pakistan Anne W. Patterson was the Chief Guest on the occasion where this incident happened and she was made to face big mortification when the whole hall gave a loud applause to the student for his just decision. The student refused the award as a protest on the recent cross border attack by Americans, which resulted in the death of 20 Pakistani soldiers and still many more are missing.
I present a standing ovation to this guy who has got bona fide GUTS! I am so admired by his act that I started a research on him. He studied “Government” as a subject at Harvard and now when he has returned he plans to chip in politics. I wish people like him join politics, may be that’s how we could get out of the worst grouchy situation of our country. I feel so proud that nobody else but a Pakistani student did what our government and so called leaders (horde of idiots) didn’t do. I wish our youth develops into more of an advanced and established citizens who would unite and wipe off our revolting politicians who are playing with the nation and bowing their heads in front of anti-Muslims for the sake for their bank account and deluxe life style!
2 comments:
i am also praying for this kaomal... inshALLAH every thing will be be okay,,,very sooonn... its just a hope... but somebody says that "UMMEEED PE DUNIYA QAYUM HY"
Nishat:/!!!!!
InshAllah :)
Post a Comment