Saturday, September 13, 2008

Nostalgic!

31st July'2008

I have been listening from my loved ones that I will be leaving…and now just 4 days left in my departure to the states. Aah! It’s a peculiar feeling sometimes. A catastrophe of emotions is scampering inside me. Today, I realized why people say time flies! Being a little more affixed to my surroundings, is making me nostalgic. Now days my sleep has evaporated just like the excitement I had earlier. Few days back I was unable to sleep and so went to my parents’ room at 3:30am; they were all upset to see me there at that time of the night. When they asked the reason of my out of the blue arrival I cried my heart out saying “ammi mujhay states nahi jana” (I was crying like a new born!). I am sure if there was someone else then I would have got a tight smack but hats off to my parents who sacrificed their sleeping hours and tolerated me for quite long talking about the goal, purpose and consequences of the scholarship. In the morning my siblings also raised my spirits by informing me that they won’t spoil my room and return it in the same condition. (They had plans of ruining it!)

No comments: