Saturday, September 13, 2008

A beautiful evening!

15th August'2008

I was returning from Aunt’s friend house, it was already 12:30 am and I was hell weary, as I did not sleep in the afternoon after school. I enjoyed a lot in the evening as we went to mosque. The environment over there refreshed the memories of my beloved homeland. After offering the Maghrib prayers we went to Haider’s aunt place, it was fun there especially with her adorable four years daughter Memy, who painted four papers for me. That was probably her style of showing affection

After we said good-bye to her, Afshan put the car on the clear, smooth road I stretched my arms to get rid of the drowsy condition. I was staring the crimson sky, in that part of night everything was black but still the surroundings held a charm, the glamorous lights of the city were diverting my attention. I closed my eyes and leaned back to the seat when the lyrics

“Tere Liye Hum Hain Jiyeh, Honthon Ko Siye,
Tere Liye Hum Hain Jiyeh,
Har AansooPiye Dil Mein Magar Jalte Rahe,Chaahat Ke Diye
Tere Liye, Tere Liye”
striked my ears. The words were sufficient to distract me from my world of imaginations, It cherished all the memories of 9th’s standard our great play “Heer Rangha” in which I played Heer’s role and how we sacrificed our lunch breaks, bunked classes etc etc. I was simply fanatic after the play to be a hit. The whole class worked day in and nights out to win the talent show and we did! The memories I was lost in were pretty much to change my mood in addition to that the cool breeze and soft desi music just took over my thoughts, my mind stopped wandering and yes, I mislaid in the enchantment of the melodious song with fascinating lyrics!

No comments: