Saturday, September 13, 2008

First day of the prestigious month!

The first sunset of Ramadan!!
The first day of Ramadan this year was tremendous though I had sudden attacks of thirst and hunger but I terrifically enjoyed it. It started at 5:00 am in the morning when I woke up all by myself without the voices of ammi saying” uth jao sehri ker lo” (OH, I miss you so much Ammi), went to the kitchen took out my favourite cereals and…..aww the time was over! Couldn’t even drink water…Ahh I am just so lazy. After offering the first prayer of the most prestigious month, I started packing my stuff as we were going to a Lake. Travelling in the bright peaceful morning was just implausible. The miraculously beautiful lake covered by huge trees, wood houses and boats was incredibly quixotic. The cool breeze satisfied my soul. Though I was fasting I still somehow boated which was so much fun! During the lunch time everybody ate in front of me, I thought I am going to lose my string but with firm believe in Allah and I made me go through that situation! I had a lot of exams in just that one day and I cleared them all showing great courage and determination. I think I am no more the same….I am changed!

No comments: