18th august'2008
After a long time I met desi people here in the U.S. Islamic society of Wichita arranged a jamboree for 14th august celebration. These days I am so homesick but when I met Pakistani people there, I was amazed by their behaviour they were all so kind and loving. They treated me a like their very own girl. Everyone was especially coming to see me and was valuing my achievement. The evening began with the recitation of Quranic verses and Naat, the ecstasy of words relieved my nerves and covered me with an invisible blissful blanket of care and satisfaction. Different Pakistani singers were playing their tunes and I was enjoying the music with taping feet. After sometime the aromas of BIRYANI tingled my taste buds. I enjoyed every bite of food and especially the spice after quit some time, the finely brewed tea and strawberry cake added flavor to the dinner. There was this women who welcomed me pretty warmly, hugged me like I was her daughter but her curious style towards my family age etc gave me the wrong signals and I was right at reading her mind, to save myself from her tormenting questions I disappeared from the scene quickly! (She didn’t forget to get my number and address from my host mom, that was surely disgusting!). After dinner we played games like musical chair and different quizzes about Pakistan, they never fascinated me in Pakistan but drove me crazy that day. I felt so Pakistani Pakistani after playing them!
The evening was scammed with laughters, applauses and hugs. The environment had typical Pakistani affection, walls painted in country’s style and of course the crowd was dressed in classic Pakistani clothing. It was difficult to say good-bye to all the people who had cherished my mood that evening. I retuned home with lots of memories but guess what, I was feeling like wearing bangles and applying henna and kohl which I never did in Pakistan!
No comments:
Post a Comment