Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Muslims!

In the big Monday assembly the topic of the fish bowl discussion was respect. Everybody was contributing their views about “Respect”. I was merely listening but suddenly I heard somebody saying “Muslims are terrorists”. I screwed my mind and turned my face to look at the lady dictating! Before I could say anything to clear my situation, Jacob took over and explained about Islam and Muslims. He rephrased all my opinions and delivered them in an effective manner. I barely could believe that he used to listen to all my lectures about Islam. After he was done I shared my point of view with everyone around. The whole crowd was silent but then Mrs. Marlin stood and gave us an applaud. It really made my day.
I was surrounded by students the whole day. They were all curious to ask questions about Islam and why are Muslims tagged as terrorists. I answered all their questions patiently even though some overwhelmed me.

4 comments:

Crazy Girl said...

great!!
way to go buddy!!

gone! said...

thanks:)

Unknown said...

yup
keep it up!=D
we realy need sme 1 to show the west how muslims realy are!

gone! said...

thanks:)