Saturday, September 13, 2008
Oven Hot Blah Blah...
When I was 11 years old my mother asked me if I wanted to cook, when I didn’t reply she took me to the kitchen and introduced me to a few things like all the spices, showing me how the equipment worked etc. The next day she took me again to the kitchen and taught me some more about cooking and on the third day she left me in the kitchen all by myself. The kind of encouragement that I got from her belief in me laid the first foundation of my confidence. I started baking at that age. Here one thing is worth mentioning that I was so scared of lighting the matchstick that I used to shout but my mother helped me a lot in overcoming that fright. In the beginning she used to light the stove for me but later I got used to it. When my mother saw my interest in cooking she admitted me in an Italian Baking course in vacations, I was the youngest girl there and this further boosted my spirits and from then onwards I stopped reacting over the comments of people about me like “oven hot”, “pressure cooker” etc. I never bothered what people said. For me cooking is a God gifted art. Whenever I cook something everyone likes it specially my father. He is addicted to my lasagna. For those who think cooking is a shame or it ruins their personality, they should change this paradigm as it won’t work when they are going to starve. Who avoids good food? I don’t!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment