Monday, September 22, 2008

Dinner

Yesterday I went to an indian restaurant named “Great India” with my new host family. My host dad is fanatic about indian food and that gave me a chance to taste the most scrumptious spicy hot food..WOW! I had eaten the spicy food after almost a month and half. He asked me to place the order for everyone. I ordered “Chicken Kadhai” for myself. When the waiter asked me to mark the spice scale in between 1 to 10, I marked 8 as my flavor. The rest of my family choose 4. Now, I was desperately waiting for food and when I chewed the first morsel..Aaah it was delicious! Heavens!!! I was startled by the taste of desi food. My nose and eyes started running because of the extra spice in about five minutes. Mom and Kysa were giggling after seeing me but they didn’t know that the original fun lies in the “surr surr” subsequent to eating spice!
The dinner is now under the list of all my memorable dinners. I must admit that the family I have is tremendous and I love them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahthats great...the same thing happened to me when i went to a mexican restraunt with my host family.I got to eat spicy food like after 4 months and i just loved it.I t is preety normal to crave pakistani food because pakistani food rokxx!!

gone! said...

yep, now when I am here I incredibly miss the home food, mainly roti :)