Saturday, September 13, 2008

Love you Ammi!


Oh Mother! you are the most precious creature alive on this planet
you care for us,love us adore us,
groom us in every possible way..

you sacrifice your sleeping hours to fondle us,
you hold our finger and help us take the first step,
the one which we are absolutely unaware of!

you catch us when we fall off,
you remove all the hurdles in our way,
you wipe off our tears when we are depressed

you cover up our mistakes and scent our way
you teach us manners, discipline and honesty,
you want us to win all the races of life

you stand by us in fighting all the monsters
you cry over our obstacles....
i still remmber how you forced me to have meat,
which i hated to eat,

you never forgot to give me the milk glass
which i always flushed!
i know you are aware of my that act,
i thought i am smart,

how you used to yell at me after finding the toasts behind the sofa (i never did breakfast)
those voices of yours when echo in my ears make me weep
then how you helped me with art and urdu lessons,
how you used to wake me up early in the morning during the exam syndrome
your worrying face saying GUD LUCK! is still a fresh sight in my mind
how you used to ran after me to give that water bottle and apple in the morning(which i always refused to take)

there is almost everything associated with you in my life..
then those last days at home,
how much tensed you were in sending me seven seas across
you never showed your worries infront of me
you always posed happy and fresh
but what do you think?
didn't i see you weeping beneath the quilt in night?

now tell me who is going to do my shopping?( u know how bad i am at it)
who will take me to malls at the last moment?
who will scold me at skipping meals?
who will design my clothes?
who will cook me yummy food?
who will rescure me from people's aggression?
who will drive me to my favourite spots?
who will go on long night walks with me?
who will secretly take me to K.F.C and pizza hut?
Who will clandestinely give me the choclate bars and ice cream( sorry Urooj but i used to have them alone)
Who will warn me to sleep early?
who will embrace me at my achievements?
who will look after me when i would be sick?
who will remind me of those iron and vitamin tablets?
who will stop me from lifting weights?
who will fight for me?
who will show me the new plants in the garden?
who will ask me if i had lunch in school?
who will ask me what to cook for dinner?
who will ask if the glasses frame is fine?
who will complain that my friends talk a lot?
who will say that i am living at rent in the house?
who will happily share the dresses with me?
who will give me those wise tricks and advices?

Oh Mom you don't know how much I miss you, specially when I see people having conversations with their mothers..i miss the warmth of your hands. you always thought that I love baba more but NO!, now i realize how much addicted I am to your presence..I miss you whenever I cry, whenever I breath, when ever I smile, whatever I do..you are just there somewhere in mind, somewhere in my thoughts, close to my heart, fresh in the memories...LIFE WITH OUT YOU IS NO LIFE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u know komal, when my host sis hug her mum, i feel kinda jealosy....bcoz i cant't ...meri AMMI jaan yahaan nahin hy na ek jadoo ki japii dene k liye...:(
Nishat..

gone! said...

Yes, I know how it feels. I barely control the hurricane of emotions in me:(