Saturday, September 13, 2008

Memories....


Today I went to school after a long span to collect my mark sheet and leaving certificate. As soon as I stepped in my second home, several sundry feelings sprinted in my body. The huge buildings, front ground, nursery all were so quiet and hushed. Beautiful voice of birds was making the atmosphere strange because they were never audible when I was in school. Taqi baba gave us special attention and wished us a great future. I headed towards the office and after taking my mark sheet I moved to the staffroom. It was a pleasure to meet all the teachers after a period of more than two months. I was render speechless to see all the teachers treating me like President Bush! Oh yeah they were so delighted to see me, Miss Seemin’s response to my result was so affirmative, she embraced me warmly. Miss Shams, the teacher I have always admired, one of my top favourites! Meeting her after a long time made me touch the sky. I talked to her for quite some time. My next destination was my class where I spent two memorable years of my life. It looked so different today, The voices of my treasured pals were missing..tch tch!( something just broke) Those crazy students and affectionate teachers were omitting! The “Shahkars”, “Clowns” and Miss Zuberi’s “Bus bibi bus” was lost! When I was crossing the stairs I caught a glimpse of the lion symbol Aah! That invigorated all the memories of those rocking break times, truth and dare, stupid scandals, calling each other lesbian and what not..sigh! I wish I could get a time machine and return to those precious moments. I cherish the time I had with Rebellions!, X-science A, in playing the idiotic pranks, discussing wannabe’s, bugging each other, hardships for the practice of talent show, never ending fights with X- science B, poilitics( yes it was there in school), Sir Mahmood, Fawwad( who doesn't exist), Vicky ( the most daring person alive) and definitely the exam syndrome, running after one another for the notes and stuff at the very last instant was some particular sort of joy…It seems I was dreaming…Love you Habib! I might not be able to see my beloved school HGS for a year!!**sniff sniff**A special thanks to all the people who made my school life competent, memorable and special!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh komal...dil ki bath likh di tum ne...i think everyone has the same views as urs and everyone is missing skool very much...i would say tht u've made me wish tht i had a time turner...yaar komal u're a gr8 writter...

Crazy Girl said...

komal, i feel u are the best writer of our batch!
now i really think, that i wasnt worthy enough to be the EL!!!

gone! said...

C'mon Aruba. Don't flatter me. I know Niha was more compatible but mein kahan se agai?

Crazy Girl said...

nihaan, well no wonder she was the language master but still not the complete gal!!
but U...my gosh!!
im not at all flattering u, its true that i love ur articles!!!