I never knew I could be so reckless and dumb! For the first time in my life I missed my Nana Abu’s birthday. He is one of the people I have loved intensely. Since I took the first step when I was barely a year old I saw him around pouring all his affection in me. I remained the center of his attention among all his grandkids.
He would bring me a gift almost daily. He would take me to various amusement parks, shops, game stores and of course his house! (Which I so terribly miss) He knew I like the ice-cram of Tayyab bakers just around the corner of his street. I was aware that he only needs a signal that I want to eat something and the next second I would be enjoying it!
He is blessed with all the virtues an endearing grandpa needs to gratify his obstinate grand daughter :P! I would always put my demands in front and he would bring me all I desired. During my examinations he would come in my room after performing “Tahajjud prayers” (He knew I was awake studying) and give me short verses from Quran to read before starting the paper. He would give me endless piece of advices. When I returned from school he would be the first one to ask how my exam went. And when I would say it went well he will instantly stand for Shukrana…..
I still remember him sneakily bringing me fruits, chocolates and ice-creams. He would plan a full fledge shopping spree for me without informing my grandma and mom. We would dine out and then late night he would narrate his school experiences and giggle over the mischief he caused with his friends in his childhood and youth. Now when I want somebody to talk to or when I feel like having an ice-cream I incredibly miss him! He is someone who understands me and reads my mind. All I required was to just to give him a call in the hour of need and he would appear like an angel to help me.
Sorry Nana abu I forgot your birthday this time may be the obstacle of distance caused this but I promise myself that next time you are going to have the best present ever on 26th of September 2009!
Love you!
2 comments:
after reading this, i thought i should remind u that after a month it'd b my birthday...and if you forget that then there is no sorry, no forgiveness in ma case!!!;)
Mam yes MAM :)
Post a Comment