People, I got the permission to leave school early but I won’t be able to go to Canada because of some rules, which do not permit an exchange student to travel all by herself. Today was my last day at school and I can’t explain in words how sad I was all day long. It was very strange because I had never thought that I would miss my American friends but yeah, it’s already happening. I didn’t know what to say. Everyone was crying including a few teachers. My advisor, who helped me in dealing with my coordinator, Miss Beckius, was generous enough to bring me a cake and we cut it in her office. It was very kind of her.
My message for her in the office!
Later, in my painting class, which is also my favourite class, everyone gave written wishes and kisses[it’s a chocolate type of Hershey and I absolutely love it]. Everyone had their cameras out and we took so many pictures. Of course, everyone had to get me in all those extremely hysterical pictures and by the end of the class I was crying and Andre took pictures!! Oh my God! I just wanted to smack him for that…Later in every class people were saying goodbyes and giving me post cards and all.
Daniela said, “Eden, we are going to miss the 16 year old brat of our class and don’t you dare forget me or I am coming to Pakistan just to make sure you facebook me”. Andre said, “So, you are going back finally! Seems that it was yesterday when you came in our lives…Don’t go, please” Ryan said with tears streaming down his face, “You will be missed, Eden. Our painting class is incomplete without our kiddo and you better tell me now who was your date which we never got to see at prom han!” Laura said with a sad face,”I will never forget that once you cussed Antoine out. I love you so much”
It feels like everything is over. Not that I am not excited to see my family but all these relationships and bonds I have made here are stronger and deeper than I had thought. I never felt that bizarre like I did today, when I was walking out of the school. It was a mixed feeling. All those roses, jokes, classes, dances and so many other things were running in my mind and I just wanted to turn around and never leave that place but wasn’t I the one, who wanted to get off earlier? : (
Don’t know if I would ever see my friends again. I would for sure come back to visit my lovely host family here but will I be able to see all my friends? The answer is a big No because they all leave for different universities in assorted States! I don’t know what to say and what to not. Nobody could understand how I feel right now. It’s like leaving a part of me behind. There are 24 days more of my stay here in this State and then I will leave for DC but there again, I will have to say goodbyes to my exchange friends from other parts of Pakistan. It’s such a peculiar emotional ride, which I doubt is ending anytime soon.
Tomorrow, I leave for Duluth and Great Lakes. Hoping to make some more of the amazing memories which I will cherish forever!
18 comments:
sweet memories it would be for you.. its always tuff. the parting part
chriz
Add @gmail with my user name :P
M.M.
P.S. I'll read this post ASAP (:
awwwwwwwwwwww!!
:) this is really sweet and heart breaking!
obviously you ll miss em all and miss everything abt the place.
God Bless you and may your memories be with you forever!
hugs!
Lol @ Andre. =]
I hope you feel better soon and the memories stay with you. X)
Awwww!!
*Sigh*
Sweet memories.
I am glad you got permit to travel!
Now this makes me nervous for my last day of High School.
Oh well, we all enjoyed; embraced similarities and celebrated differences. =)
awwww...
koi baat nahi bacha....
it's the memories that count ... just collect as much as you can ....
The beautiful memories of school are an essence for the life. You will never forget the time you passed in school
Aww, just cherish the memories!
All the best! :)
Awww.....that's so sweet of your teachers, Komal :)
I know how are you feeling...I had the same feeling when my Russian friend left few days ago and I was thinking if I would ever be able to see her again in my life. I know, I will visit my host family at some point of life too but what about friends? That's the question that I am trying to find answer of!
Just go with the flow and you'll be fine :) They loved us a lot and now it's our duty to remove the prejudices about their countries from our country!
Cheers :)
Parting is indeed painful. Yet its the memories of days spent with our dear ones are our most precious treasure.
Plus, u can always stay in touch with your friends online (:
I'm going to try for the exchange program too ! Did you take it via AFS ?
No, AYUSA was my organization and YES program is the one you should contact first!
superb...great.Do c my new poem too.U loved my last one.
Aaawwww.... You know, we move from one city to another every two years or so... It's so hard leaving everything ):
I can understand your situation... really... I've felt the same way... MANY TIMES!! Like: will I ever get to meet these people again? Will I ever get to see these places again?
It's sooooooooooooooooooo hard leaving all those places when you've many sweet and even bitter memories associated with them ):
DO give everything a GOOD look before you leave... I've always done that :P
painful, eh? but this is how life goes. there will be better people waiting....anywhere you go !
Once you move on, you get busy with the next phase of life and memories go from center stage to back stage. And I agree with cavaliere84. :)
Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos.
Post a Comment