Friday, July 3, 2009

I happen to assume a lot!

She opened the door of my room silently and stepped inside without making much noise, with her right hand she turned on the light and with the other, closed the door behind her. I wasn’t sound sleep anyways, and the bit of noise and the sudden brightness in the room had already distracted my sleep but I pretended like I was in deep slumber. I wasn’t in a mood to talk with her. We have had enough of the arguments in the morning. I was thinking why she was here at this part of night. “She must have woken up for fajar but she never comes upstairs”, I thought to myself. It hadn’t been even an hour that I was in bed. I had spent the whole night thinking crap…

She sat beside me on the bed and started stroking my hair. I turned towards the other side and she pulled the blanket all the way up to my neck. I felt something melting inside of my heart…She started stroking my hair again. After almost 10-15 minutes she picked the book from my side table and started reading the blurb. After she was done, she slowly got down the bed and slipped into her flip-flops. She progressed towards the door, I peeked from the blanket but saw her returning to me.

She amorously kissed my forehead and chin. I tried to pose asleep. At that moment, I just wanted to open my eyes and embrace her briskly but I was too occupied with pushing the flow of tears, and the guilt held me back from doing any such thing..
She closed the door after turning off the light and split. After she was gone I thought to myself, Why the heck I don’t listen to her when she loves me so much. I happen to assume a lot and that’s where I mistake most of the time. Of course, I had assumed a lot of stupid things related to her too

We had so many arguments about how and what I should do, and now when I think over those, I realize that whatever she wants is for my betterment. Taking me to shopping and forcing me to get involved in relatives is something I will benefit from in long-term and STILL I keep thinking that it’s her, who doesn’t understand me. Of course, she does; may be more than I understand myself. She conceived me and nobody could love me like her. I’m such an idiot, who thinks one thing and than forms a long chain of weird thoughts related to someone without knowing that whatever I assume is bogus and that the person has no such plans or thinking. Almighty, please help me out with maintaining a good behavior. I’m becoming a little too stubborn especially with her. I don't want to disappoint the few people, who truly love me...

24 comments:

Ubaid said...

you do understand things on your own...

Americanising Desi said...

i love the way you battle yourself.
it truly makes u a thriver :)

and inshaAllah the dawn will break and the gloom will disappear from your own self...
yes we all become edgy and irritant and take it all for granted, but that doesnt mean the good parts in us has died.

hang on baby!

Nana said...

I used to fight my mother all the time. We used to scream at each other, I felt like she disliked me. Now, i know better. I had a surgery that left me bed ridden for a week, and emotionally not there (it was for an ectopic pregnancy) and that's when I truly felt my mom and family's love for me, it got me through. they all mobilised for me. Today, my mom and me are very close, in fact, I was comforting her when she left my father, she cried in my arms and I though 'Damn, times have changed for the better.' You'll get there, it will come. I know you've heard it before, but let me tell yoou 'nobody will ever love you like your mother'. Nobody, not your husband, not your children, not your friends. Appreciate it..

Shafi said...

Nice post ! Really touching...

Can i ask you something ...?

Shafi said...

I mean ... 2 questions & 1 permission. :)

Americanising Desi said...

i m stayin baby

gone! said...

Ubaid, :] I think, I do.

Ad, yess!! Spot on it is and [b]I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU'RE STAYING!!![/b]

Nana, I never scream at her. In fact I have very strong bonding with her. It's just that sometimes I feel she doesn't understand my preferences but now I feel like she thinks on long-term basis whereas I don't :)

Shafi, :] Go ahead with whatever you want to ask or say!

siras said...

Sometimes we get so involved with our thoughts that we start taking our blessings for granted, isn't it?

But good on you that you realise that and make it all good. :)

Gautam Anand said...

Sometimes mother knows you better than u knw urself...
nyways a nice post depicting ur self-conflict..
In b/w.. I did write sth after a long sojourn.. n waiting for ur comments..

gone! said...

Ali, :)

Siras, exactly. Our thoughts really put us on the wrong track sometimes! And, I try :)

Gautam, true. Thanks for dropping by. I'll check your blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Atta girl, you make me proud of you =)

R. Ramesh said...

yes..as ubaid rightly says, u do understand things on your own...cheers friend..v bloggers r all with u..:)

gone! said...

Marina, :)

Ramesh, :) Thanks for the encouraging words.

Rahul Jain said...

Wow.. my heart melted by reading that.. you didn't mentioned who it is.. though I know It must be your Ammi..

right?

gone! said...

Yes, it is her! :)

Lonely Perverted Soul said...

This post again reminds of the first line of the song "free falling"....She's a good girl...loves her mama... :P

gone! said...

Lol.

Shafi said...

okay.....

1st Q:
Is that your eyes

Shafi said...

just outta curiosity .... okay.

gone! said...

Lol. Yes, that's my eye :)

What's the second one????

Shafi said...

Whow....thats cool. That eye, is always a distraction to me.
I mean its a different pic. okay. full of life, energetic.... well i dont know what to say. Its just beautiful.

And Now,i think there is no need of the next Q.
But can i see your other blog..? its restricted.. i guess.

gone! said...

Thank you :) My other blog is like...restricted for every single person. I'm not planning on unblocking it for now but whenever I would, you will be the first person to see it :)

Anonymous said...

Aawww... You know what, she does truly love you (: I've a question, though: WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO? AND WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS WANT YOU TO DO? I still don't get it. That's a mystery :S

gone! said...

I know :)

For the question, I would say it's almost in every single thing that our opinions contradict. My dad has this thing that I could do whatever I want whereas my mom wants me to do what she feels is best for me. For example she doesn't want me do CA because it'long and tough. She wants me to do MBA. That's just one thing.