Monday, April 27, 2009

Senior Prom '09!

I reached school at exact 6:01pm to attend the Grand March. All the couples walking together on the aisle looked no less than fabulous. I cheered the most for Heidi and Mason, their walk was incredible. Heidi looked Gorgeous and Mason’s attire complimented their couple. Everyone looked pretty. I was SO nervous in the beginning and I proved it by burning my palm. Right before I left for prom, I grabbed the curling iron from the hot side. *OUCH*

After the Grand march, we all went for the dinner, the food was splendid . Every person passing by praised our dresses and nobody ceased to tag me Indian. I had to convince them that Pakistanis wear these kind of glitzy clothes too.

Khair, at the prom everyone danced like crazy and I sat upstairs looking out of the window at the mansion. It was beautiful and huge. It looked more like an old European piece of architecture than a regular mansion for weddings and school dances. I spent most of the time complimenting everyone and doing all the other crap except dancing :P

Valentine and Nhia dragged me to the dance floor numerous times but I always escaped somehow. Later, they made sure that I stay there and yeah I danced. :D It was crazy. I didn’t stay there for more than 20 minutes but honestly those 20 minutes couldn’t be compared to any type of fun we had earlier or later at prom.

After the prom was over, we drove in the downtown St. Paul for almost an hour. We were a total of five girls and excluding me they were all 18, and could stay out of their houses after midnight but according to the State law, I was supposed to be in the house by midnight! It was so much fun breaking the law :p (Sorry, that’s the post prom folly reflecting in this post) After wandering around we went to Perkins for an early breakfast and met a few people from our school.

Long cut short, it was plain fun and I never laughed like I did last night. I returned home at around 4:30am. Now when I am reflecting over it, I am surprised to not recognize the girl I was last night. I guess it’s good. A little bit of fun and adventure is allowed and if it isn’t, who cares! I would do what I want…

I am uploading some pictures and a couple of videos :)


That's how Kysa did my hair.



Ignore the mess behind. It's not mine. I am freakishly clean.



That's the only jewel I wore.



Don't know what I was doing :D



In the restaurant waiting to be seated.



DJ



All the couples dancing.



Couple Dance!

Regular Dance!

Prom is over!

16 comments:

Senilius said...

Where's Dracula? :P

gone! said...

I went to Prom not to any haunted place! :P

Anonymous said...

so the beautiful was the new experience. haaan!

Anya said...

did you find your guy?
chriz

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched the videos yet... About the text and the pics...

I love the dress (I lub it! I lub it! I lub it! :P) and the jewel... but I wish it weren't golden :P

Hahaha @ "Ignore the mess behind. It's not mine. I am freakishly clean."

Hey Komal... sometime back you'd a pic on the left side of your blog... Was that you? (:

Anonymous said...

Kewl. You had one fun evening!! :P

gone! said...

Zain, Yep :D

Chriz, i didn't go there to find THE guy :D :)

Momal, Thank you! This time the jewel was golden but it had diamonds too. lol *show offing again*

That pic...yep! It was there for i guess 4 days and I realized that's not a place to put a pic :)

Salman, evening, night and morning to be exact :P

Sophia Ali said...

Ha nice post Komal, liked that bit where you mentioned Pakistanis too wear glitzy clothes, still it was sober and yes it's perfectly ok to break laws once in a while....oops and you burnt your palm...hope it's better now...

Think Tank said...

oolala ..some fun this!

siras said...

Oh glad you had so much fun!
AND it is perfectly ok to break rules once in a while! :)

Anonymous said...

soooooooooooooooooooo we finallyyyyyyyyyyyy had our funnnnnnnnnnnnn!!! yippy!!!
:)
so happy for you lil girl!

AJ said...

Good! good to hear, you had fun. :)

Anonymous said...

lol... Lucky, lucky you :P

I'm just left to hope... maybe someday... someday... from my to-be... (; *wishful eyes*

And yeah... it's not the right place for it.

I've seen you now, though :P

(:

gone! said...

lol

That was an old old picture :P

And.....you will get many. Don't worry. I got it when I left for the U.S.

Gautam Anand said...

ur post really nice !!
ur dress even better ;)
...
In b/w check out my new poem Komal..which I finally wrote after taking a month long break from blogging..

spotlesssoul said...

Awww:)