
Why is life so brutal? Why can’t we live it in our own way? Why do the norms of society stab us each time we try to explore? WHY??
When a child is born in our society s/he is trained to follow rules. We are taught from the beginning about our limits. We are given no chance to grow. We have to be what our parents want us to be because they do whatever is for our benefit. I totally agree on this point but what if they are bounded by the primeval norms of the culture?? Why can’t we just rebel? Why can’t we have our own rules? Why is ‘society’ and these “off base’ customs a crucial part of our lives. Why do we have to think a hundred times before we make any personal decision? Isn’t it personal? Why think so much then?
I always loved my culture. I thought it was beautiful and set us apart from other nations but today I find it crap. It only revolves around norms and norms and more norms. Nobody cares about your happiness, freedom and quest to learn more. We have to do what our ancestors have been doing. We have to be a doctor if our parents were. We have to join army if our Granddad was in there. We have to get in AKU if our brother graduated from there. Why can’t we do our own thing? WHY?
We say we have advanced so much! Ask yourself this question again. Don’t you see people often complaining about these issues almost every day? Aren’t your friends or maybe even you are bounded by the ‘limits’ our society has defined. Don’t you want to break all these barriers and explore your own world? I do. I want to be myself. I want to do my thing. I will. I won’t listen to them now. I know what I have to do. I know what I want to do. I know what I am supposed to do. It’s not harmful. It won’t bite me. It won’t kill me but if I abide by the standards created by our society nothing would change. I don’t want to force grief down my intestines. I don’t want to murder my happiness. I love them but no! I will do my thing. Nobody could stop me. I am a free soul….I AM!!
When a child is born in our society s/he is trained to follow rules. We are taught from the beginning about our limits. We are given no chance to grow. We have to be what our parents want us to be because they do whatever is for our benefit. I totally agree on this point but what if they are bounded by the primeval norms of the culture?? Why can’t we just rebel? Why can’t we have our own rules? Why is ‘society’ and these “off base’ customs a crucial part of our lives. Why do we have to think a hundred times before we make any personal decision? Isn’t it personal? Why think so much then?
I always loved my culture. I thought it was beautiful and set us apart from other nations but today I find it crap. It only revolves around norms and norms and more norms. Nobody cares about your happiness, freedom and quest to learn more. We have to do what our ancestors have been doing. We have to be a doctor if our parents were. We have to join army if our Granddad was in there. We have to get in AKU if our brother graduated from there. Why can’t we do our own thing? WHY?
We say we have advanced so much! Ask yourself this question again. Don’t you see people often complaining about these issues almost every day? Aren’t your friends or maybe even you are bounded by the ‘limits’ our society has defined. Don’t you want to break all these barriers and explore your own world? I do. I want to be myself. I want to do my thing. I will. I won’t listen to them now. I know what I have to do. I know what I want to do. I know what I am supposed to do. It’s not harmful. It won’t bite me. It won’t kill me but if I abide by the standards created by our society nothing would change. I don’t want to force grief down my intestines. I don’t want to murder my happiness. I love them but no! I will do my thing. Nobody could stop me. I am a free soul….I AM!!
18 comments:
Hate to be the crapper but I've been doing this for the past four months and my parents have made my life miserable. Culture forces them to get tense about my future constantly.
So here's to culture from me and you (if you would like to join in): a big F!
Oh sure _|_ to our culture!
It's not just parents, you know, all these phuppis and other relatives just push us into things :@
hehe. you made the rebel in me hear this out. I totally get your point.
Hell no! to dragged-culture-motivated-phenomenon. Rebellion!
Then what could be the motivation, sir? :D
Criticizing a girl from education abroad or her wearing western apparel,[even if it’s a trillion times better than the eastern-amended-western-apparel], stopping a guy from showing his emotions[he is supposed to be stonehearted whether someone dies or he is absolutely broken], forcing a girl to get married despite all her quest for further education and brilliant grades, people STILL expect to have sons, there is so much of the gender discrimination, we can’t take a single decision of our life without the consent of our entire khandan[don’t forget the endless denigration from them], and so on.
I mean this is 21st century, everyone is moving on. Shouldn’t we replace all these “antique”, absolutely crappy traditions now?
I didn’t say our ‘culture’ is bad in all aspects. I love the affection, brotherhood, colors and respect in our culture but there are times when it sucks real hard!!
breaking free is a very good concept.. but breaking to what extent is always a question that our soul sometimes fail to answer us...
www.chronicwriter.com
Chronic writer, I admit what you said but then it depends on the person, who is breaking free. Not everyone is immature and crazy. Some people are responsible enough to mark their boundaries and destinies themselves without spoon-feeding (:
Thanks for dropping by!
uff the whys and shux the reasons provided... i mean people!
it so happens why what how where are just interrogatives in grammar to bleed us internally.
I have almost come to terms with the hocus pocus.
the cure is to not ever ask why.
or how or where or what...
go with the gut!
let them do what they do!
http://uglyduckling91.blogspot.com/2008/12/blog-post_17.html
We're too backwards to go ahead. :|
Don't even get me started on the relatives! ;)
Seher, true. *sigh*
@SAWJ :D
@Ugly Duckling, seconded.
well, What can I say, when truly mostly khandans suck. But relatives will be relatives. For that we need to use one of our senses cleverly, that is TWO ears. We have two ears, one for entry, and the other one for the exit. :)
And follow what you believe in. Hurdles will be there. In a lot of form. Only keep those people happy, who matter the most. and on top of everything really love you.
Goodluck...
Hmm...
freedom is all we as humans have wanted... but then...
we ourselves...have made rules...n then forced others to follow...
i hate that too... n yes sometimes...u jst want to be for urself...u jst want to be happy...dats it...
i guess u hv gt evy ryt to do so :)
Oh let's not even get into parents and relatives and society and norms and cultures. Break free my friend!!! Go ahead!
@Ahmer *sigh*
That's what I have been trying to do, keep my "beloveds" happy. Thanks for the wonderful comment (:
@Eshal Yeah! There is no rule against being myself and Even if there is then I am BREAKING FREE!!!
@Siras THANK YOU FOR SAYING "BREAK FREE"!! It really brought a grin on my sleepy face (:
Hugssssss!!
Most welcome! :)
*hugs back*
Best of luck in all paths of life (:
Momal, Thaaaaaankkkkkkkkuuuuuuu!! (:
Post a Comment