Friday, April 17, 2009

Prom!!

Prom is around the corner [April 25th] and I haven’t even bought my shoes or any accessory! I am such a lazy person when it comes to shopping! Oh yeah, I am and it surprises a lot of people. I never really shopped for Eid. Thanks to my mom, she always managed to get lovely dresses for me. Ah, good old days! I wish she was here to help me do shopping for prom.

As I said in my previous post regarding prom, I am not going with a date so that really reduces my expense of buying a garter. I am not wearing a prom dress with all those American accessories. I am wearing a shararah, my mom designed and shipped me from Pakistan. I have never in my life worn a shararah :D I hope it will be fine and I won’t trip over the bottom. [I have a long history of tripping, falling and accidents]. The reason I chose shararah over a dress is that I really want people to know my culture.

So, I don’t really know why I am writing about prom here but that’s pretty much all I have on my mind right now. Oh and I haven’t bought any shoes for prom. I was planning to go in flip-flops [That’s what I wear 24/7] but Valentine and Kysa seemed agitated from that *eyes roll*. They made me realize how weird it would be to wear flip-flops in a formal dance. Ughh! They need to realize that my feet hurt in stilettos : (

I have to buy stilettos, make an appointment for a haircut and I have to do SO many other things. Of course, homework is no exception :S

I better leave and do some of the chores around. I will upload prom pictures for sure.

Adios!

11 comments:

Farah Mumtaz said...

Oh cool..shararah...you will look cute :)
Looking forward for your prom pictures :)

gone! said...

Awww. Thanks for already predicting my look :P

Anonymous said...

i m looking fwd to ur prom pics, i m so sure you will dazzle in that sharara, i love em personally :)
last i wore at my ex weddin, hopin i get a chance to wear it again!

all the best huns :D

gone! said...

Thanks so much. I never wore a shararah before therefore I am kind of confused but that's shadowed by my excitement :)

Ubaid said...

definitly waiting to see the looks :D !!

siras said...

Oh cool! I wore a sharara at my sister's wedding! Feels so feminine. =)
Surely you'll look awesome! Have fun! =D

Senilius said...

You're in America, without your parents?

gone! said...

@siras, I am ready to feel all feminine and I know you must have dazzled the wedding (:

@Sawj Yes, i am here without family but not all by myself. U.S dept of educational and cultural affairs has assigned host parents for every student(16 or under 16) who is on scholarship here with the YES(Youth Exchange and Study) program. There are 61 of us, from all over Pakistan, who are studying and also are supposed to be the teen ambassadors of Pakistan (:

Senilius said...

Holy crap! :P

Senilius said...

Lucky you!

gone! said...

I know, i am but it's not easy to be oceans apart from your land and beloveds. It really kills me at times :(