Sunday, April 12, 2009

I started it and he completed it.

He was shocked with what I said. He looked away and tried to pose unruffled but his meager efforts did no good. I could feel his woe. He hid his face behind his palms. Those brown eyes, peeking out of the gaps of his fingers, were injuring me from the inside. They were averring so much that I could never give. He chafed his cheeks and looked me in the eye. His stare flummoxed me; I didn’t know what to say and how to explain my situation to the smashed soul. I was still under the shades of bewilderment when I saw tears in his eyes.

My heart skipped a beat. I just gaped at his face, which was almost red now and tears were streaming down his cheeks. He bit his lip and lowered his gaze. I was twisting my fingers since I had nothing better to do at that moment. It was one of the times, when we can’t do anything. I couldn’t wipe off his tears and advice him to move on. That’s not me and I was the one responsible for those tears. I had lied to him. I felt sorry but I couldn’t help. I was susceptible. It was not supposed to be that way. I wished he had given me one chance to explain why I was being mean. I wish…

He left the chair rocking. His steps were not as firm and he pulled his hair to reduce the sting in his heart. I just stared at his back with a blank face. Suddenly, my eyes started to blaze, the blood in my veins gushed, I could feel the blood pressure, my heart was pounding in my throat. It was a do or die moment. I had no time left. He was leaving forever. I had to hold on to him but…

It was too late. I wished I had not lied. I wished I had not hidden my feelings. I wished but it was too late.

I opened my eyes…and he was still sitting there….looking me in the face with that charming smile…. “Are you okay?” he said. I nodded and thanked God that it was just an illusion.

This was not how I wanted the story to end. I had been asking a few friends on how I should wrap it up and a very close friend wrote the last extract for me. I just couldn't change it.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Now, I've only read the ending of this story :P
:D :D
(:

Anonymous said...

:) the ending makes it so much better, better than an everyday misery!

gone! said...

It sure does. I had a tragic end in my mind but he changed it all :D

Abdullah Tariq said...

I like the happy ending. :D :D

gone! said...

:)

I like it too otherwise I would have ended it in my very own tragic style :D

Ubaid said...

ok i would definitly have a totally different ending :p !! and u know how that would be !!

siras said...

I like the whole flow of the story. Plus I like the optimistic end. :)

Enchanted Sophie said...

How you wanted story to end? May I know?

Senilius said...

Sheesh, no fighting? :P

You are a good writer!

gone! said...

Ubaid, i know how you would end it.

Siras, Muchos Gracias :D

Sophie, very simple, it wouldn't have been an illusion :D

SAWJ, Thanks and nobody is fighting ;)

Farah Mumtaz said...

awwww....I was reading the whole story really fast because I wanted to know the ending...and the ending made me overjoyed :) It's cute :)

gone! said...

Thank you Farah (:

I should let him know that people like his ending :P

Abdullah Tariq said...

I liked the way you (the girl :P) was thinking about him. =D Really. (Y)

gone! said...

How was I thinking? :D

Abdullah Tariq said...

Fearing the worst? :D

gone! said...

Yeah! (:

Abdullah Tariq said...

(Y)

gone! said...

Maybe it's a dumb question, but what is "(Y)"?

Abdullah Tariq said...

Msn emoticon for thumbs up. :D

gone! said...

Thanks for increasing my knowledge :D

(Y)

Abdullah Tariq said...

Lol! :D

(Y)