I woke up with every pore of my body aching and throat totally sore. My eyes hurt and voice almost gone. I missed school and made some tea for myself. Toasted two slices of bread and with giddy head I ate my so called breakfast. The tea helped a little with the recovery of my voice.
I remember how everybody used to get worried over just one sneeze of mine. Lol, those were my people. Oh well, now I am ‘grown up’ according to others and I am supposed to look after myself but still yar I miss the worry and affection of my ammi, her desi remedy of honey, pepper and salt for cold, my sister giving me Kleenex for my runny nose, Khalda making soup for me and after my flu was gone, Baba bringing me pistachio ice-cream. Yum yum!
Uh, I miss everyone so much. Can’t wait for June to go back and embrace ammi…
7 comments:
oho.. take good care. I guess that's what your mom would want you to do. :)
No replacement to mom's affection. Never.
Certainly!!
i m goin thru the same episode.. and the fact that i dont show that i m vulnerable and need care, no one believes i am even feeling it!
why did God have to make me this way..
shux..
get well soon dear!
Thanks. I am sorry for you but I believe that's making you strong.
Ah, yes! When you're away from the people you love, you just realise how important they are.
Get well soon! =)
Shheesshh...do you have that incredibly painful feeling of broken egg shells in the back of your throat??...I'm telling u,that's the worst. UUrghh...Get well soon...chicken soup?? for the sick's soul?
:)
@Siras True and thanks :)
@Saad You are absolutely right. I hate that feeling too, it's awful. Thanks!
Post a Comment