Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Confused??

I am confused; actually, very confused. What is love? To me it’s everything. It’s a warm hug of my mom, a lovely surprise from a friend, twinkling naughty eyes of my brother, an act of consideration from a loving companion, and so many other little things which if I start listing here it will take forever.

If this is love then it certainly won’t change. I mean I would always love my mom with the same passion, if we ignore my mood swings, of course. When we come to loving a guy/girl who is not our blood relative why does it alter? I mean, how have the terms “first love”, "second love”, and “third love", evolved and why? Can we love more than once in life? If love is pure and special then how can it happen more than once? Why do people have breakups and after a breakup, a new love. I don’t understand how can somebody be in love again with a completely different individual after considering a different person his/her soul mate? How does it work? I mean I could never love somebody truly, deeply and madly, once I face disappointment in one. Oh wait, why would my love ever disappoint me? And even if he does; won’t he makeup for it real quick? Won’t he crack jokes and make me smile? Yes? No? What?!

I am perplexed, how can people breakup after years of relationships? I mean didn’t they love each other? Or what was it if not love? A vague relation, which both were continuing for others? Just to make them protective or what? Were they just passing times?

WHY? WHY?

I know this is a very bad post, I agree. It’s very confusing and has a lot of busted thoughts but I am totally baffled by seeing certain happenings around me as I have never been into any such relationship, I have no idea and for me it’s impossible to be in their shoes. Any answers? Can love really happen more than once? Can YOU really love somebody else after you have thought of yourself with a different person? After you dreamt about him/her? Does it happen…?

11 comments:

siras said...

Well firstly it would depend on if you truly loved the person in the first place! :)

And secondly, it's not really possible to ever love anyone like you did before, after having been betrayed once!

Anonymous said...

love? ahhh well the followin is just a rip off to show you :D

ose are red, violets are blue
Love never crossed my mind until the day that I met you

Roses are red, violets are blue
When I’m with you my heart feel brand new

Roses are red, violets are blue
At times when I’m blind I could only still see you

Roses are red, violets are blue
When I have nothing else to look forward for I still have you

Roses are red, violets are blue
When thinking of love, it’s like thinking of you

Roses are re, violets are blue
I’ll save my last dance only to dance with you

A.y.l.a said...

i personally think that you fall in love just once.. you can "love" again, but it isnt with the same passion as your first true love.. and it isnt possible to love someone the same way, you loved your true love,(if that is what they were)
but at the same time, you can fall out of love too.. when they arent out blood relative..
and the people your are referring to, they either havent been in love, or dont know the meaning of love.. they have just mixed infatuation with love..
and disappointment? when you're in love, you learn to forgive, i used to say the same thing that i wouldnt be able to love the person if they disappointed me.. but you learn to forgive, learn to be the better person and compromise cus, you're in love.. you dont need any other reason..
and coming back to those others, who thought it was "love" , sometimes we get confused, just because we enjoy our time with someone, feel comfortable with them , feel protected with them doesnt mean we're in love..
it is more than that.. and this is where the confusion lies, infatuation or love, most people, think infatuation is love, specially in our teens..
you can fall in love again, but its not the same passion , and if you fall in love with someone, and have more feelings for them than your first love, consider yourslef very lucky =]

That random chick person said...

i guess it all works on the idea that the amount of love one has in them is limitless...you can love again and again and again because you have that much love to give, maybe not the same way or with the same passion, but love nonetheless!
=)
p.s: no one can really not love their family, i think that stems from a subconsious understanding that, no matter what, you can't get away from them so you might as well make the best of it and love them!

That random chick person said...

i guess it all works on the idea that the amount of love one has in them is limitless...you can love again and again and again because you have that much love to give, maybe not the same way or with the same passion, but love nonetheless!
=)
p.s: no one can really not love their family, i think that stems from a subconsious understanding that, no matter what, you can't get away from them so you might as well make the best of it and love them!

Anonymous said...

well I don't know about first, second , third and other numbers love as I never encountered any thing like this
but one thing I have seen around me that breakups are not only because of one's differences
some times emotional things like for the sake of family and parents, cast differences people find the breakups in their love relations as the middle ground instead of sacrificing their blood relations.

gone! said...

@siras
I have the same opinion that once betrayed the passion is gone and it’s impossible to love someone the same way.

@Seher
Roses are red, violets are blue
At times when I’m blind I could only still see you

Very Classy, love it! I don’t see anybody though :D

@ A.Y.L.A
sometimes we get confused, just because we enjoy our time with someone, feel comfortable with them , feel protected with them doesnt mean we're in love..
I always think on this point but then why do we love talking to just that one person when it’s not love? Or it could be similar interests. I really liked your analysis. Thanks for visiting my blog :-)

@Rejaa You are right but the things is there are no levels of love. Either it’s intense or it’s something else, not love. Maybe care; worship, likeness, admiration or friendship. Thanks for reading :- )

@Sonia
You are right. I have seen breakups because of that too but if I were to have one I wouldn’t be able to love once again. Thanks for dropping by :- )

zain ul abidin said...

when you love a person who is not a your blood fellow,you are actually confused, its not the love , it is actually desire that you consider as love, when first desire is fullfilled your "firstlove" will finish, if you are compromising it will go for the whole life and you will consider it as a reliable love, but this is not, what is behind the curtain cannot be easily seen, if desire of someone other is born that is greater than your your previous desire, that is called" second love" and this can be so on depending on how much you are desirable and materialistic.this is wat that is simple word and i think you will understand it.

gone! said...

I don't agree with you Zain but of course we all have different perspectives and I truly respect your outlook about this whole thing.

Thanks for reading :-)

Anonymous said...

well...didn't read all the above comments though but surely you're post intrigued me to write something that u might find relevant...and which i believe is sort of lengthy so can't put that here...however if sometime you ever feel like boring yourself to death...lol... then do visit my place too...m not a regular blogger though but still i appreciate being apreciated...every writer does...right?...haha....hope sometime i might catch you hanging around there...'secretly'...XD

gone! said...

@Ivii Oh, i already checked your blog and seriously it's fascinating :-)

After this comment I am flying to see what you have written in response to this post :-)