Last year on Valentine day, I was terribly sick and so spoiled a very romantic dinner of my parents, solely arranged by me. When I shared my idea of a surprise candle light dinner for ammi, with baba he refused because of his all time busy schedule. Later, I was able to convince him with all my chalu emotional blackmailing. We told ammi that it’s an official party at baba’s office about the new product launch and so she has to go. My naive ammi didn’t even realize that it could be something else. I made the booking at PC, went out with baba to buy ammi a gift. (Believe me; I had no idea that my father had a beguiling sense of buying romantic gifts). He selected an Amjad Islam Amjad’s book and CD.
So, yeah everything was done but they didn’t go on a date. YEAH! I fell sick, real sick on 14th in the school. My entire fault, I didn’t listen to ammi when she warned me to not take a shower at 4 AM and got freaking flu and fever. I remember, I was very dizzy and my head hurt like anything. Anyways, the nurse called baba, he picked me up from school. I slept all day at home and woke up at around midnight. The first question I asked was; did you guys go? They didn’t and I was surprised to know that baba didn’t even tell ammi about the dinner. He just said that they aren’t going to the office party anymore as I am sick. WOW!
Anyways, I spoiled their fun and when I went back to school my friends ruined my entire week by bugging me from the fact that I skipped school to go on a date. Lol, that’s just my friends and their unlimited teasing. I was so nostalgic yesterday thinking about my family, I wish I was there with them for all the celebrations but sometimes we have to sacrifice and that’s what I am doing.
2 comments:
awwww. that must ve felt bad. but hey, may be next year... :) Seemingly they are lucky enough to have you, may be they are lucky enough to have a dinner arranged by you! :)
Cheer up.
come on now no nostalgia :) you ll get your chances of making more fun moments and plans for your parents. :)
look on the bright side you have such a romantic heart ;)
Post a Comment