Thursday, March 12, 2009

He didn't call...

Sometimes he is arrogant as hell and doesn’t apologize even after trampling over her feelings. Why? EGO! Yeah, he has a highly maintained ego which doesn’t allow him to make an apology. She had hung up on him 20 minutes ago because of something rude he said to her since then she had been staring at her Cell phone’s LCD waiting for his call or text but nah! It was stupid to expect any such thing from him…

She sighed and pulled the covers up. With vacant heart she gazed the ceiling in the dark and fell asleep after a while. Compromise is one virtue of a woman’s life…

20 comments:

Maham Khan said...

Yaar Komal,
This post of yours makes me think that if "Compromise is one virtue of a woman’s life…" so, I'm wondering what is the virtue of men life?
Any idea?
Maintaining their ego?!

gone! said...

I guess we should ask a man :p
I seriously don't know but ego is very dear to them!

AJ said...

ahem ahem, if I may interrupt. I ain't gonna defend anyone. But I have seen ego in both men and women, young and old. We map an opinion, after our experiences and observations. It takes time to learn all the colors, in human nature. Everybody's different. Thats nature.

I have seen some men with ego, some with a soft-nature. Same with women. The best part of our nature, is the existence of flexibility. In the end, its just a matter of choice to discover and utilize it. For example, it took me some time to find it. :)

Complexities, like ego. YES, they exist. its a reality. they will always be there, just like any other good. we have to deal with it. Learn its patterns, eradicate them. Its easy?? Not at all. But doable.

There's a lot to discuss about it. to learn. to observe. In the end, all I could decide is, I won't let ego jeopardize, any of my relationships. Because, I can only control myself. :)

Cheers.

P.S: I didn't write this much, because you mentioned you guys should ask a man. :p

gone! said...

@Ahmer, lol! That was a nice explanation and I agree that women have ego too and this post is based on my experience, which is definitely different and I might have been biased...but you know what men keep ego very near and dear to them :P

Seriously...lol

And compromise is done mostly by women. Just look around and you will see thousands of examples...

AJ said...

hehe. well, i wont disagree. in our culture, surely yes. in other cultures, i think the exact count can vary. :)

Ubaid said...

COMPROMISEE ....

......

lots of memories with this simple word !!

Anonymous said...

i have spent days like this my dear. and surely it isnt such a nice feeling. i have sobbed like crazy. wept for my life. wept for God to take the feeling away. not that my ego hasnt made me call him. i did that too and he just wudnt pick up.
saying his phone was not in his reach. he was busy....
it feels terrible.
i feel i should get back at him and then i tell me... do i wanna be him?

Eraj said...

Yeah ego is ery dear to men...
But them if woman compromise, how will the relation move forward...
they just have to....

Anonymous said...

hmmm....'expectancy'...it's always been there in human nature...same goes for ego...kheir lets hope the HE calls the SHE and they both work things out together..;D

A.y.l.a said...

So true, I have gone to sleep waiting for a call or text, woken up in the morning, checked my phone immediately still hoping he would have apologized.. But no, this ego.. Its a damned thing..
I often feel like doing this to him, but then I think to myself I must be the better one out of us two, and end up compromising..
compromise is one of the most important aspect of a relationship, if I'd known that before I might not have gotten into one:p
but yeah,ego it really can be a pain at times..

Dutta said...

Usually most men are like that .. but then why do women take it lying down .. Why do they have to compromise ?!

Anonymous said...

It sounds sad ):
I wish things weren't this way...
But they are. Bitter truth.

gone! said...

@ Ubi Yeah, we all have memories with certain things. I am sorry if your memories were not as good :-(

gone! said...

Seher, i don't know how it feels. Must be terrible but see you are such a strong person now. Always smile and forget your past :-)

Cheers for you!

gone! said...

Eshal, very true. One or the other has to...That's how it works.

gone! said...

Ivii, I hope so too but there are zillions of "HES" and "SHES" like this in the very tiny world :D

gone! said...

@A.Y.L.A, i am sorry about all those sad nights. Ego really is a pain but we should remember we have some too. Maybe it doesn't show up that often but still it does...Being a better and bigger person is always healthy for a relationship...I guess...

*Look who is saying, a not-at-all-experienced girl* lol

Thanks for dropping by!

gone! said...

Som, Women compromise to save the relationship...I have never done it so I don't know how it feels but I am sure nobody likes to push their emotions in ditch for others unless that person is very special...

gone! said...

Momal, yeah they are. A bitter reality of our society :-(

Anonymous said...

*sigh*
Nicely written =]