Sunday, October 26, 2008

A thought of Freedom!

I returned from jogging a while ago. I had been thinking about starting to jog since quite some days and today I finally took the initiative. In the past three months I have gained 8 pounds (Please close your mouth). This could happen with anybody who couldn’t refuse to chocolates, pastries, muffins, cheese, pizzas and of course the variety of bread in the U.S.A! If I would gain a pound more, my family won’t recognize me so….

In my favourite jeans and sweat shirt I went out for jogging. The area around my house is way too quiet and you rarely find a human being. (Locked puppies are an exception:P). While I was working out I saw many other people jogging, walking out with their pets, some just sitting and observing nature and kids playing basket ball but nobody looked at me like I am a decoration piece or alien. Those who did just passed a smile or said, “How is it going pretty girl?”

Ahh…It reminded me of all the street boys, pathans and lofers back in Karachi. How they kill females with their optic torture. How they upset us with their smoldering gaze. How they do the X-ray and ultrasound in one blazing glance..Ergh!!
For a moment I felt its heaven where you could walk, run, jog, dance and sing without the fear that somebody will upset you! Somebody will stand and look at you as if you need to be in the mental asylum!

You can stretch your arms and breathe the refreshing breeze. Just for that instance I figured out the meaning of FREEDOM!

2 comments:

Crazy Girl said...

ahan, nice!
but komal, don't you think all this depends upon the locality..
i mean in US only, if you go at a place where the Spanish, Mexicans or the Blacks live, you might have felt that even these people take GIRLS as a show-piece....
remember your favourite movie ROCKY!!

gone! said...

I know but that happens very rare and I mentioned that it's only about my area! It was a moment thought.