dasht-e-tanhaai mein, ai jaan-e-jahaan, larzaan hain
teri avaaz ke saaye,
tere honthon ke saraab
dasht-e-tanhaai mein,
duri ke khas-o-khaak tale
khil rahe hain tere pehlu ke saman aur gulaab
uht rahi hai kahin qurbat se
teri saans ki aanch
apani khushbuu mein sulagti hui
maddham maddham
dur ufaq par chamakati hui
qatra qatra
gir rahi hai teri dil daar nazar ki shabnam
is qadar pyaar se hai jaan-e jahaan rakkhaa hai
dil ke rukhsaar pe
is vaqt teri yaad ne haath...
Translation...
In the desert of my solitude, oh love of my life, quiver
the shadows of your voice,
the mirage of your lips
In the desert of my solitude,
beneath the dust and ashes of distance
bloom the jasmines and roses of your proximity
From somewhere very close,
rises the warmth of your breath
smoldering in its own aroma,
slowly, bit by bit.
far away, across the horizon, glistens
drop by drop
the falling dew of your beguiling glance
With such tenderness, O love of my life,
on the cheek of my heart,
has your memory placed its hand right now...
Gosh! I love the Kalam of Faiz but this one's trance is so very captivating
3 comments:
Everytime I hear munni begum sing this ghazal, I go in unknown delirium :)
Its spellbinding! What do you say?
Certainly! It's one of my most favourite ghazals! The words are so pure and delicate. It leaves me in hollow hallucination...
Hye! Even I like this ghazal!
Post a Comment