Christmas! Christmas! Christmas! The most awaited holiday of Americans and this time mine too because as an international student, the parties, presents and so on appealed to me. A few people from my homeland stopped me from celebrating Christmas but I don’t see any authentic point to refrain from this wonderful celebration. Why do people think we don’t believe in Jesus? Of course we do but as the prophet of Allah and if we could celebrate the birthday of Muhammad (P.B.U.H) then why not Hazrat Issa (Jesus)? We do celebrate the birth of Mr. Jinnah (founder of Pakistan), who is in no way better than Jesus? Is he?
Anyways, I did celebrate Christmas and it was lots and lots and lots of fun. From the shopping of presents to the decoration of Christmas tree and opening the presents every moment was so pleasant. The party I attended last night was tremendous! The lunch, drinks, games, discussions and last but not the least, the enchanting beauty of the lake (visible from the living room’s large glass window), which was covered by dark brown trees was so romantic. Oh my God! I couldn’t abstain myself from staring at it.
I dressed up all Pakistani from my clothes to shoes and jewelry to handbag. Shocked! I and jewelry? Well here is another shock, I wore bangles too! Didn’t put henna though! Little girls were fascinated to see my sparkling bangles. I took them off for them and they played for hours with the twinkling Chooriyan!
We unwrapped the presents, it was astonishing to see that everybody had given me gifts even though half of the people just knew my name and that too not the real one but my American name given to me by my host family! Anyways, I thanked them all from the bottom of my heart and said farewell as most of the people were high after drinking and they badly needed to get home and that’s how everything ended!
I will never forget the first and perhaps the last Christmas of my life.
Thanks to all, who made it so memorable.
No comments:
Post a Comment