Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I was alienated from the rest of the world!

I sat on the bench across Claire at the Mall of America, when I saw this really tall girl with curly light hair coming towards me. She had an ice-cream in her hand and wore a deep green shirt and jeans with long boots. She sat beside the fountain, which was surrounded by little candles, the soft music from the shop nearby was absolutely giving rhythm to the surrounding, and dim light of all the candles gave environment a quixotic feeling. I was still unable to figure out this guy with broad shoulders, who was following her until he kneeled down and proposed her. The glow and joy on the girl’s face was so apparent and so was the excitement and anxiety from the guy’s face. They were whispering and the crowd around them was cheering. I was so lost in the stupor of the moment that I didn’t realize when I was alienated from the rest of the world. I don’t know when Dar came out of wet seal, picked up the bags which were lying alongside me on the bench and walked to the car. And, I still sat there apathetic of everything, envisaging the two of us around the same luminosity and fountain. I wouldn’t have come out of the illusions unless the guy hadn’t placed the ring in the girl’s finger. The whole crowd screamed with elation at the little ring ceremony and the hooting distracted my chimera.

There was an edgy smile on my face and I looked around to find the bags and then I saw Kysa coming to me. Everybody was waiting for me in the car. I left the mall but that scene is still a bright sight in my mind. In the car too I just depicted the entire panorama which was locked somewhere in my mind or maybe heart.

1 comment: