I have been working with a non-profit organization named “Invisible Children” in the U.S, which helps to raise funds for the poor children in Uganda in the South Africa. I had always seen kids strutting naked, dirty, without shoes on and broken houses in Pakistan and I thought that’s the worst life style.
I was wrong! It was not in my worst imaginations that a child as young as 3 could fight with a loaded gun in his hand against the REBELS! When I watched the videos of kids in Uganda (South Africa) and how they suffer the wrath of rebels, I was literally crying and depressed!
We should be go grateful to Allah that he has blessed us with all we need and there are people on the same mother earth who are not so far from us, have the same desires, same feelings, same thoughts, same potential for hunger not necessarily the same skin color but indeed same human rights and they are granted them! It’s so sad that we throw food in the garbage even when a person could feed his tummy with even that small amount of food. I have made a promise to myself that I won’t throw any food. I hope I abide it.
Also, most of the kids do not will to share their stories with the volunteers who visit them. I was so shocked to see that out of so many girls suffering just one girl, Grace, shared her story. She was being kidnapped by a rebel at the age of 13 and he raped her constantly for 3 years!!!!! Pathetic, scary, disgusting and cruel! Seems like, the humanity in that region of the world is dead. I feel so sorry for the people especially kids suffering from this terrible situation. It’s the time for them to color their world, to play with teddies, to sing rhymes, to be naughty; to cry for their desires but know what, they don’t even cry because if they do, a shot in the head is all they get and nobody cares!
When 9/11 happened the whole world rose for help and sympathy. During the 9/11, 2,976 people died and more than this number of kids die every week in Uganda. So, in simple terms there is a 9/11 every week!!!!
I raised a huge of amount of money to send to the people in Uganda and I would love to visit the distressed people in near future. It’s time when we have to break our shells and help the people in need. Youth can do what nobody could!!! *Wakeup call*
visit this website for more information: www.invisiblechildren.com
4 comments:
really admirable yaar:)
may Allah bless ya n make ur efforts useful 4 them:)
ameen!
Ameen :)
well done for all ur efforts...keep it up..
inspirational post!
Thanks :)
Post a Comment