Sunday, November 30, 2008

A journey of 8 days, which was more like an eternity...

20th Nov, 08 - 28th Nov, 08

When I flew from Minneapolis Airport there was a traffic jam in my head…
Zillions of thoughts were taking over each other
The people I always heard about were 10800 seconds away from me
The flight ended while envisaging about the upcoming week…

I looked around fretfully on the Airport for a generous face
I saw Sajjad Uncle coming towards me on a fast pace
He embraced me warmly…
It was not in my dreams that Nuzu aunty will stow her affection in Biryani

Sheeraz bhai’s blooming face saying, “hi” is still a fresh sight in my mind…
Walking on the busy streets of NY with Reem baji was the fun of its own kind
Giggles and chuckles while watching Marry Poppins still echo in my ears
Noreen baji’s concern for warm boots and her care…

Oh, how can I miss those yummy Kati rolls…
It would be injustice, not mentioning the mouthwatering chicken rice
Deeno’s, “No Komal Baji” and his quest for Dady’s embrace!
Dani’s ""bhendi Sandwich" and “jaldi se chalo", the only urdu phrase...

Wanda Aunty’s, “Gracias”
Jawaid Uncle's soothing smile..
Nuzu aunty’s concerns towards my diet...
Abbas bhai’s hilarious, funny and horrible Urdu accent…

So much more…..so much more….
It feels like a major body part is omitting….
Those 8 days were so memorable and cherishing
Now it’s time to reminisce the golden short era of this eternity….

A whole lot is missing from the write-up and the rhyming is completely off base but those were my first thoughts which I wrote down in bed last night...

No comments: